View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 01:18 PM   #7380 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
Really? Because I checked backlash and it was almost exactly the same as it was original. I reused the existing shims and it all fit perfectly.
Should this be changed or do I just live with the whining noise? It doesn't bother me that much, I'm just worried if there's something that could break because of it.
The contact patch of the teeth is also excellent, I checked and I had nice full engagement. Also to say - I didn't change final drive ratio, pinion gear wasn't touched at all.

Edit - after reading online more about LSD whine + backlash - I'm quite sure I have exactly this problem. However, the backlash was good. Is it possible that the oil isn't good? I used OS Giken oil that I got with the LSD, and added per spec quantity in the diff housing.
If you installed a OS Giken LSD, use the OS Giken 85w250 gear lube with it. Otherwise it will be noisy. I installed a OS Giken LSD, and have a bit of whine in mine too. Backlash is in spec and teeth pattern is good too.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html