Thread: Rotrex Build
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
HapaZ
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z Base Coupe
HapaZ will become famous soon enoughHapaZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
I'm on the fence with this one. Wanted to go FI on my 14 Nismo and told myself to stay away from blowers. But the specs on this look awesome. Low/mid/upper range power. Decisions, decisions.

I'm running TopGunz's v1 on my 07 nismo and I just never got to REALLY like centri superchargers. TG's v1 kit is awesome... especially having started with the default Stillen air-water setup. It's probably the vortech and it's short comings. Great top end power...not really useable when you hit peak HP at 7,500rpms Not much in low/mid range without upgrading the impellar, downsizing pulleys, cog mods. It's noisy... sucking in Children from the neighborhood. (running a screen). With Uprev, never been able to really get perfect idle. I get surge once in a while... lose low end power with exhaust mods.

But again, the ACE kit and this Rotrex kit solves all the shortcomings of the V1 kit and that god foresaken Stillen manifold and failing TB / MAF cables.
Yeah the FI kit is nice and I looked into it before deciding on this kit. For me it ended up being that I’m just not the biggest fan of turbos. I’ve been watching TG develop his kits for years and could never stomach the limitations of the vortech unit so I just sat out waiting for something else to come along. Hopefully my build will be done in the next week and I’ll be out driving soon.
HapaZ is offline   Reply With Quote