View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 09:18 AM   #86 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasm View Post
Hi Rusty, I have got the front sway and endlinks as well. I will be grateful if you take me thought and explain how to reach zero preload. and if there is any video also that will be useful too.

Appreciate your help.

regards,
NASM
It's best to have a drive on lift. Makes it' easier to get to the links. If not, a set of ramps will do. Drive up the ramps. The tires CAN NOT be hanging. The cars weight HAS to be on them.

To start. Don't have any links installed in the bars. The other is installed. Drive the car a little to get the suspension to settle in. Drive on the lift or drive up the ramps. Start with the front. Set your first link about half way in it's adjustment range. Install it into the bar. Tighten down. Go to the other side. Adjust that link so that the bolt will slide into the bar easy. It will take a few tries to get it. Once that is done. Now you can install the nut and tighten. Now go to the rear and repeat.

Adjustments made after you do this will effect handling. You can preload the bars to change the handling. If you change the setting on one link. It will have an effect on the opposite corner of the car. For corner balancing. Besides adjusting the spring preload, and spring height. You can fine tune using the end links.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote