Thread: Fast or Quick
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 07:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm89 View Post
I'd rather be a fast driver than have a fast car. I can't stand people at track days who have huge egos in their fast (and expensive) cars, but they are convinced I am boosted because I was riding their mirrors the whole lap...on the outside of every corner.

That doesn't answer the question, so I guess it depends on your opinion on fast. I personally would like to have a crack at a 911 GT3 on a track just to see what i can do with it, but I'm fine with my Z for the time being. If anything, I'd ask for less weight, which is why I'm interested in the new 86. I feel like 330whp and just under 3000 lbs is a good mix for fun. If I were to look at something more powerful, a C7 Corvette Grand Sport is about the limit of what I would want.
Had a chance to drive a built trackday Viper with 800 HP and a sequential gearbox on the track. 2 things with it. Either you're going to die behind the wheel, or do the fastest times you ever did.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote