View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

First of do a little research and reading about the companies and their products. They both have done and still do diffs for Motorsports at the highest level. I ran a Wavetrac for five years on the street and track without issue and regardless of diff it makes you car way more predictable in over steer and understeer situations than an open diff. That is why you want to upgrade because of the way tq is applied to the rear wheels in the case of our cars.

The idiot in video simply ran out of talent and from the beginning all of us could predict the outcome. What happened to the driver is what is known as lift off over steer. He charges in with too much acceleration and then slams on the brakes causing his car to nose dive. Then as he is turning in he lifts off the brake and the weight on the nose is gone and the front end loses grip and the rear end gains grip...game over snap over steer engaged. There not one thing in that video or the comments you make have to do with a diff causing a car to over steer or under steer. That incident is all about physics and the driver flunked the course.

If you want to get a helical diff I recommend Wavetrac because of its locking characteristics when one wheel leaves the surface or that load being lifted from one tire. That said Quaife is a solid diff as well. Don't let canyon runners or people that don't have a clue about real world applications of products that thousands use in extreme situations as a norm provide you with advice. I am glad you found us here because there are no stupid questions, just stupid people. Don't be that guy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|

Last edited by Hotrodz; 05-05-2021 at 06:58 PM.
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote