View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 02:19 AM   #5215 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
Alignment specs, no clue. Factory? Haha. I asked for the alignment results and they "lost the print out"

Good call on the tires though. The fronts are still the originals. 2014 with only 14k miles. Have about 5/32nds. But the rear tires were replaced by Carvana and are "General G-Max". I have never heard of these before. I was just going to burn them out on a session and replace them.

I still have the carvana warranty(i purchased an extended one as well).. I'll check out another NIssan dealership and see what they say with alignment. The feeling i have is the camber is off.
The Z doesn't like difference make tires on it. Some say it feel evil. When you get tires on it. Get the same tires front and rear.

If they lost your alignment sheet. Good chances that they didn't do an alignment.

One of the best mods you can do. Get the SPL upper control arms. They are adjustable for both camber and caster. You can make adjustments without removing from the car. Plus they hold the adjustment. The only down side is that they are pricy.

If the toe is off on alignment. It can make the Z feel real nervous to dangerous. If it's toed out too much. You can get into a condition called "snap oversteer". That's when the rear steps out with no warning in a corner.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote