View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 07:23 PM   #4517 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Anyone using an Amsoil oil filter and experiencing low oil pressure. This was posted on the Power Wagon forum.

Some customers that have used the AMSOIL Ea15k50 oil filter, with the identified vehicles listed above, have experienced low oil pressure indicators while operating their vehicles. Typical symptoms include check engine lights and visual loss of oil pressure on the gauges. This situation does not affect all these vehicles, but some vehicles are affected more than others.
Through AMSOIL testing and research with technology partners, we have learned the problem occurs with any oil filter but is exacerbated by high-performance filters like AMSOIL Oil Filters. Our high-efficiency media filters out more particles of smaller sizes than most other filters, reducing flow and overall oil pressure. In no way will this oil-pressure reduction affect the engine; AMSOIL Oil Filters include bypass relief valves to ensure appropriate oil volume to critical components.
Because AMSOIL Oil Filters provide higher efficiency than OEM and other aftermarket filters (WIX, FRAM, Mobil), they capture more deposits, helping reduce engine wear. Unfortunately, due to the large amount of deposits being captured by the AMSOIL Ea15k50 oil filters, the filter is plugging before the end of its recommended service interval. For these vehicles, we are recommending using a WIX oil filter in place of your AMSOIL Oil Filter. WIX filters are designed with the OEM service interval in mind and are better suited for more frequent changes.
FAQ
1. I used the EA15K50 before, can I continue to use it?

a. We warrant this filter to 15,000 miles however have found it not able to reach that service interval in these trucks. In order to reduce the frequency of filter changes, we recommend the WIX 57060 changed at the OEM interval. We will continue to research this OEM issue with the goal to again supply a high efficiency filter.

2. I used the EA15K50 before, did it harm my vehicle?

a. No, the EA15K50 is a high efficiency filter that captured more deposits, helping reduce wear. It was just not capable of providing this exceptional protection to our normal 15,000-mile warrantable service interval.

3. Can I use Signature Series still with extended drains?

a. Yes, we certainly recommend our Signature Series oils paired with the WIX filter. The high cleanliness capability of our oil is certainly what these trucks need. Follow our normal warrantable service interval pertaining to our Signature Series oil and change the WIX filter at OEM interval and topping off with oil after the oil change.

4. What can I do to combat these oil deposits?

a. We recommend using our Signature Series oil and changing the WIX oil filter at OEM interval. We also recommend you combine our Engine and Transmission Flush (FLSH) at every other oil change.

Thank you,
AMSOIL Technical Services
Tech Line: 715-399-8324
Email: tech@amsoil.com

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html