View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 01:08 PM   #2592 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxxx View Post
Howdy all. Man @Rusty...now you got me thinking about my own compressor. Every time I use it I have water coming out when I drain it...not much...perhaps an ounce or so but it’s there. Surely I must have some rust inside my (60) gallon tank. 175 psi. It’s 25 years old...no visible rust anywhere on the outside nor is any paint chipping on the vessel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My compressor was my dad's. He bought around 1980. I just replaced the compressor on the tank last year. It ate the reed valves in the head, and beat the chit out of the top of the pistons. After every us. I drain the water out of it. Sometimes I get a teaspoon. Other times I get a quart. It depends on the humidity in the air that day. I also have my tank bolted down to the floor.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html