View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumPwr View Post
Did the mechanic use any Liquid Wrench of any kind to help loosen the bolts?
Just some Tri-Flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z View Post
Can you please comment on the installation of both the HFC, and the exhaust? Any caveats, and pointers for the DIYer? Thanks.
The only real pointer I have is the one I mentioned about it being real tough to break loose the bolts on the stock cats. You need to open up the hood and reach the bolts from the top with a big long extension. Just to be clear, I did not do this on my own. One of my best friends is a mechanic and he comes over and takes care of whatever I need done. He won't accept money from me either (so I just give him the occasional gun to express my gratitude). Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I'm sure I'd have a lot more pointers if I actually did this by myself, but I didn't, so . . .

Also, make sure you have a proper O2 sensor socket. My mechanic the way the O2 sensors are positioned, there's really no way to get them off without that special socket. I had to run out to Autozone to buy one. (Which was fine with me -- I'll use any excuse to buy new tools.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_4 View Post
great pics/review/vids

however you are missing IMO one of the most important vid clips.....the drive by on load so that you really hear how it sounds while on the accelerator
Good call. I'll have to see if I can find someone help me with this (i.e., hold the camera while I drive by).
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote