View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 10:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Hydrogen fuel cell powering an electric motor is the direction I last heard. Also needs to be able to run diesel or jp8 etc as backup. Not sure how that’s going or if still going. Batteries were never going to cut it.

Hydrogen fuel cell powered ev’s is the real long term answer I& your looking for comparable range, refuel times, minimal impact to/can work with existing infrastructure.

Of course, the limited range p, recharge issues, general $$$ needed for a battery ev POV might be exactly WHY that is the solution being pushed so hard. I’d like to say the free market will decide but it won’t be that simple.

There is a solution to the soulless self driving ev tho, converting your existing ice car to ev, still super connected driving experience, all you’re changing is the propulsion method, kind of like a middle ground. Check out ev west, they’re doing cool stuff like this to classic Porsches etc. it’s a cottage industry in its infancy but it’ll exploding over the next ten years I bet.
Chevy has a drag race CPO Camaro that is electric. The price is over $100,000.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html