View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 07:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Japan Announces 2035 ICE Ban - Long live the Z

10 or 20 years ago, I would be looking to see whats newer and better to replace my existing Z with eventually.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/japan-t...ef-11608887640

Now, a new reality is dawning, where if you are serious about ICE sports cars, you will have to hoard them. You won't be trading in your 370Z for a 400Z because a 400Z alone will not last you for the rest of your life. I think around 2035, its looking there will be enough bans that it won't make producing these cars worthwhile for the few places that don't have a ban. I find it highly probable that a Biden administration would announce an ICE ban by 2040, effectively killing the global sports car market.

Instead, you need to start thinking now about what sports cars to buy in the next decade unless you will want to start paying inflated used pricing on out of production collectibles.

You will need to hold on to both your 370Z AND purchase a 400Z in order to hoard enough ICE sports cars to last you for the rest of your life.

My personal list of ICE sports cars to acquire (brand new) before 2035 end of production:

2020 370Z (acquired)
20xx 400Z
20xx C8 Corvette

This should be good to keep me happy till I die.

Last edited by viiv; 12-28-2020 at 08:09 AM.