View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 12:38 PM   #9627 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
I had a 2003 Rav 4 as my commuter. Last year, thing caught fire coming home from work. Thing filled up with smoke quickly and engulfed in flames . Only had 58k miles on it. Fire department found a critter nest.

Bought a 2004 RAV4 with 25k miles with the Insurance and found another critter nest not more than. 2 weeks later. I switched jobs and never saw one again. Apparently something at my work. Crossing my fingers with this one.

... I check for critter nests all the time now to the point it's almost a phobia. "Hate little F'ers living in my engine bay" syndrome.
Called my stepson and told him on what happened. He said that they been having problems with critters ever since they moved in.

In 2008, I bought a left over 2007 Honda VFR bike still in the crate from the local dealer. Took the bike out of the crate and put it together. Put fuel in it and it stared right up. Broke the engine in and then put in on the dyno. The numbers were LOW. Started to check everything on the bike. Raised the fuel tank up, and removed the top of the air filter cover. Found a mice nest that covered over 2/3's of the filter. In removing the nest, I found 3 dead mice. Put a new filter in and redyno. Now the numbers was above avg.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html