View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 08:21 AM   #6701 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
I generally agree with this statement, and since I had planned to work during that time frame anyway, no impact to me. Some of our personnel will be feeling it though.

In specific, this customer concerns me. They've continued to work outside of their existing system (using spreadsheets to manage instead of a forecast system), and they've blind sided us with immense short lead-time orders on several occasions. When we've communicated some level of difficulty in meeting the need-by date, they escalate until we've got a senior executive putting pressure on us to perform heroics.

I also suspect that since they've ordered large quantities of several parts of their system, they will abruptly (and with shortened lead time) realize they forgot to place orders for the rest, and need everything yesterday. This may go from a "we plan to close during these days" to "you will all be putting in 80 hours this week" and I am concerned my company will be killed by its own success, and by the lack of preparation on the part of our customer.
When I worked at Elliott. We had customers that would leave stuff sit for a year. Then all of a sudden wanted it done. Spent a lot of time working 12 hour days with no days off for weeks at a time. It was feast or starve.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html