Thread: MAF Sensors
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSport10 View Post
I had a random limp mode on my car that got more common mid this year. About a month ago I removed the MAFS and cleaned them, and then cleaned the TB’s with them in still. Didn’t disconnect the battery and didn’t have to relearn anything. On first start it did take a few seconds to start, but it’s been almost a month since I’ve cleaned my MAFS and TB and I haven’t had the limp mode come back.
I have a '13 also and seems like limp is becoming more common. Did you move the butterfly valve at all when cleaning the TBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Torque specs are in the FSM (link in my sig).
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

Tight is relative to the bolt. Your strength and tools are variables that you need to be able to adjust for. If you are weak and use a 3/4 inch sized socket with a 36 inch breaker bar you're likely to break off the bolt head without any effort at all.

Struts bar bolts and nuts torque to 52 Nm. This isn't some critical number. Just make sure they are tight.

Throttle body bolts torque to 8.43 Nm. Don't want to over torque these too much.

Also, #3 isn't a number. The answer is it doesn't matter the pattern. Just torque them down evenly.

Testing you to see if you actually read my posts lol you passed!