View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 11:40 PM   #46 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
As far as lowering the z goes, being that I’m a big idiot, I like to keep sh!t as dumbed down and simple as possible, ergo a one inch drop (Or just a hair lower), was optimal back when wifey and I had our nismo.

With stock gen 1 nismo aero at Daytona on the front straight, at around 130+ the car got scary light at stock height, with just a one inch (ish) drop, it was stable to 145 ish and the lift above the was less dramatic/scary.

I don’t remember all our alignment settings off the top of my head but I do remember the we ran -2.2 camber up front and -1.6 (or was it -1.8) out back. Like rusty and others said, there is a lot of dynamic negative camber gain so no need to run a ton of static neg camber out back.

Our toe was set 0 front and slight toe in in the rear, that gives a momentary toe out condition from weight transfer when braking hard off a straight going into a turn so we found it helped with turn in.

This was all on aggressive street tires, NOT r comps. With dedicated track tires, we would have been more aggressive with the - camber settings and possibly even run very slight toe out up front.

Our car was set up as a true dual use car that could be at home street or track so of course there were alignment setting compromises etc.

Edit: just remembered, we had caster set at 6.
You ran almost the same setting as I'm using now.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote