View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 05:35 PM   #132 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
Unless you want to do offroad, get a hybrid. Most are 27 speed, 3 chainrings up front, 9 speed cassette in the rear. Like I mentioned, you'll be removing the 3 chainrings in the front to install a single chainring that comes with the bafang kit.
The 9 speed in the rear is still good to have over a 7 speed. Hybrids generally come with 700c wheels, that's the same size as a road bike but wider. They are basically 29". Also, get stainless steel spokes on the wheels or the spokes will rust out in no time. Get trigger shifters, not twist shifters that come on the cheap bikes. And do not get a steel frame bike, aluminum for sure. Giants are fine as are all the name brands. Again, it all has to do with the components. I ride a Fuji hybrid as my everyday bike. It has high end components. The owner of the shop I did repairs for is a Fuji dealer and gets their bikes for less than half off. I paid him $300 for an $800 hybrid. He is also an electric bike dealer. If you were out here I could get you an amazing price on an electric bike.
I've been out of bicycles for a while. Haven't kept up with some of the changes. The last 3 bikes I had were the Litespeed Ti road bike, A aluminum framed GT MT, and the cro-moly Trek 990 I have now. Almost bought a LOOK carbon frame back in 2001 or there abouts. $5,000 just for the frame. My hip started to go bad and I just quit riding for the most part. Still put a few miles on each summer.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html