View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 09:59 PM   #385 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrettin View Post
Ok, so before I saw your post Rusty I dropped off the tubing to a welding shop because my buddy's shop was extremely busy. I asked them to tig w/ back purge ( which didn't throw them). I then told my buddy later in the day and they were just shaking their heads. That's because the thermal contracting can change everything up to a half inch..

Long story short... I called the welding shop and asked them to tack it only. I felt bad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
When you got that many welds in a short section. You start at "A" and "B" and work towards the middle. But leave the middle alone. Weld everything up but the middle. That's where you put the final piece in and the final weld.

Pie cuts look neat. But that's where you will have most of your problems. Pipefitters try to avoid them as much as possible.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote