View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 10:23 AM   #86 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFmstrTech View Post
I’ve done a ton of these bushing replacements. The Z1 tool definitely works for the aluminum subframe z/g’s as the outer shell plate pulled the bushing with very little effort. Now talking about the z/g’s with the steel subframe that’s another story-the outer shell plate doesn’t go through the subframe with the same ease at all- I was using a 3/4in extendable ez-red 4 foot ratchet, with the car on a lift, even that was a huge PITA-and it still took forever.
Ultimately I found that using the small center bushing remover first to get that portion out of the way, cleaning the fluid if there is any left so it doesn’t get in your face, Then using an air hammer with a chisel bit to push the bushing out. It takes literally 30 seconds, if you want to make a couple cuts through the outer shell with a saws-all, collapse it in a little then chisel it out that way works as well. But seriously F that removal tool for the steel subframes, again with the aluminum it works very well. Just my .02
Good to know about the aluminum sub-frame.

I can remove the bushing in about 20 minutes in the steel sub-frame. Putting a new one in takes me about 1 hour.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote