View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 01:23 AM   #3038 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Wasn't trying to start a debate and my sincerest apologies if I offended anyone.

My inlaws have their own business also and they, too, have ZERO coming in because of this covid-19 sh!t. I am one of the fortunate few to have a job that pays, and I am helping out my inlaws as much as I can with finances. I've known my father inlaw since I was about 7, as he was my taekwondo instructor and a tough MOFO, but saw him cry for the first time last month because he was in a sticky situation to where he wasn't able to pay for the notes on his company and personal vehicles, the commercial space he has leased out, nor his mortgage.

Before the wifey was diagnosed with severe depression/anxiety this past fall, we were pulling in almost $200k/year, and we were used to a certain lifestyle. Luckily, we didn't live too far outside of our means and were big on saving, but still have our debts. Took a huge demotion and paycut at work because I started law school. The money we were saving as a down payment for a house is nearly gone and the money we had in separate savings has been gone for about a month. What we had in savings took us 10 years to build up and reduced to nearly nothing in a matter of almost 2 months

So I get it. COVID-19 or not, bills are coming in and have to be paid and we still have to eat. I just wish there was a plan to come to a medium compromise to where businesses are opening back up responsibly and where the virus itself is declining. Even with businesses opening back up, I don't think people are comfortable to just going back to pre-covid-19 times.
No problem.

I seen this whole scenario before. I lived. Back in the early 80's. Around here in western Pa. The coal mines and steel mills shut down. Thousands of people were left jobless. The mines and mills never came back. People were making big money with these jobs. Easy 6 figures with overtime. A house, car, truck, motorcycle, boat, guns, etc. The way it happened after lots of friends lost their jobs. First to go was the boat, then the bike, next the play toys, the truck, all of the guns but for one. When it got down to the house that was left. That's when the divorce happened. After that was the suicides. I lost a few friends from that. Seen a lot of good families ripped apart. The saying around here at the time was. "It's a recession when your neighbor gets laid off. It's a depression when you get laid off."

On the news every night was stories of people getting robbed coming out of grocery stories. The robbers wasn't taking the money. They was taking the food. Most of all the victims said the same thing. The robber said that he has kids to feed. He wants the food, not the money.

To me, seeing whats going on around me. Feels like I'm seeing history repeating. And it's following the same time line.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html