View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 06:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmast View Post
Nice write up!

How do you like them? Too aggressive? Perfect? I'm looking to change out my rubber ones but am stuck between:
1. Installing Z1 aluminum inserts into the OEM bushes
2. Installing poly bushings
3. Installing aluminum bushings

My Z is not my daily, and I have no problem with stiff, but how are the rattles? I'd say my Z is track focused, but it is mostly driven on the street. What are your thoughts? TIA
Thanks.

Handling wise. The car is planted. Every pivot in my suspension is SPL. There is zero rubbing anywhere.
I get some gear whine from the diff. It's just enough to hear it. Couldn't hear any when I just had the SPL solid diff bushings. I don't hear any new rattles. I can hardly hear the radio. I have FI LTH's, 12" resonators, and FI cans.

If you don't want to drop the sub-frame. The Z1 inserts are the way to go. You most likely get the same feeling with the Z1 inserts and the poly bushings. The poly bushings. If you go through the trouble of dropping the sub-frame. Go with the SPL's. My experience with installing poly diff bushing vs the SPL diff bushing. The SPL's was easier to install. I imagine it's the same with the sub-frame bushings.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote