View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 07:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deqos View Post
I wish I could give you endless rep !! Thank you so so much rusty! Alright I’ll look up how to do all that and go buy the stone, I read on another thread that you said to use some blue liquid, I’ll find it again and use that to see the high and low spots.
The liquid is Hi-Spot Paste. Put a little bit on a folded paper towel and spread on one half. You need a very fine film on it. Bolt the halves together and torque to spec. Un bolt and look at the half that you didn't coat. You should see the transfer of the paste. 100% is great. But don't think you will get that. Long as you have full transfer around the o-ring. You will be good.

If you get the paste on your fingers. GOOD LUCK on getting it off.

The stone to get is one of those knife sharping stones that is about 2" wide and about 6" long. Spray it and the half with WD40. And work back and forth. Keeping everything wet. Any high spots in the metal will look like bright shiny areas. If you have any. Keep stoning. But be careful on the edges. You don't want to round off the edges. Keep the stone flat at all times. It's an art.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00264101

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote