View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 03:00 PM   #6923 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
So you haven't done a motor build and TT kit on your car because you can't control yourself? Everything I do is very calculative and methodical. I take a good while to make my decisions to maximize my upgrades per dollar. It is no fun spending all of your money only to be able to look at the car and break it quick or just polish/clean it. There is a very clear method to the madness. Going broke in the process is not one of them. Self control is a must.
Why should I explain my decisions to you.

I'm at the point in my life where I weight every decision very carefully. I'm living very comfortable in retirement. I intend to keep it that way. Everything I have is paid for but for the motorhome. And it's making money by renting it out. When we bought the motorhome. We thought that we would use it a lot more. But that's not the case anymore. It's just taking up space.

I've built my share of motors over the years. The biggest car motor was a 440ci to a 572ci monster stuffed into a '73 Dart Sport A body. The last car motor was a 454 LS7 create in a 78 TransAm. Did 2 FI bikes. A Kaw Z1, 1000 with a turbo. The last a VFR with a supercharger, which I still have.

If I was 10 yrs younger. Yeah, I would jump down the rabbit hole deeper with a built motor with FI. Now, I just like reading what other people are doing. Plus I give them my support. I don't need FI to be happy with my Z.

With age, you start to look at things a little different. If you ever retire. Then you will know where I'm coming from.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html