View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiF399 View Post
Yes, the pad sticking to the rotor issue I found out about when I bought the Akebonos to upgrade my stock calipers. They are coupled with the Z1 2-piece rotors.

The issue with the car not rolling after the hard stop is something I can't know for sure, as I just noticed it yesterday. When I bed in the brakes after the initial install I never came to a complete stop.

Yesterday is the first time I decided to stop as my phone had fallen out my shorts. That's when the car wouldn't roll forward. I was able to trigger the symptom at least 3 times.

I don't want to sound like I'm blaming the trans fluid change but like I said before the car revved freely for about a second or two then got going. It didn't feel like the time the pad got stuck to the rotor. I'm going to try it again tomorrow night when I get back from the gym to see if it acts up again.
The only way to get the pads to stick really hard is to get the rotors glowing red hot. Coming to a stop, and keeping your foot on the brake pedal until the brakes cooled completely. You're not doing any of this.

What you are describing is a tranny issue. You're coming to a stop. Step on the gas pedal. The engine rev's up, then the tranny hooks up. and then you move.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote