View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
Joe@ZSpeed
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Nissan
Joe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeJoe@ZSpeed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauz View Post
Hey joe,

This finger contact to the clutch disc is what you mean about clutch overstroke im guessing? I emailed you yesterday about a similar symptom. Mine also can be hard to get into first/reverse at a stop, i can remedy this by shifting into 2nd then back into first.

Beau
Your issue sounds more like a disk is not sliding smoothly on the input shaft upon release or there is possibly some material transfer from one of disk, Could also be a trans issue causing that. The overstroke could happen with the OS giken if you do not have a pedal stop and the fingers may hit the top disk. Most twins triples will require a pedal stop to prevent this.
They way to set up a twin is to find the point at which the clutch is fully released on the down stroke, at this point make a pedal stop that will limit any further travel so you do not over stroke it.

Phone 937-506-7224
E-Mail Sales@Zspeed.com

www.ZSPEED.com
Joe@ZSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote