View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 02:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Diff cooler isn’t maintenance. That refers to having to rebuild the clutch packs in a clutch type lsd like the os giken.

Helical gear type atbd’s (lsds) don’t ever really wear out in theory, and require no special oil additives either and like spooler said, they do tend to run cooler

IMO, for hpde, a diff cooler isn’t necessary with a helical gear lsd, just change the diff fluid more frequently like every other event or twice a year depending on how you drive etc and use top line gear oil like motul or redline.

I am still a bit skeptical about the life expectancy of the carbon plates in the wavetrac never wearing out vs a traditional gear lsd like a torsen. That said, I’ve never heard of one wearing out so realistically it probably isn’t an issue.
Think I might be the only one to have a diff temp gauge here. So we know what temps of the OS Giken is. But we don't know what the other LSD's will produce in temps. But I think they will be close to what the OS Giken produces. Maybe more in temps with a gear LSD. Because you have more gears working the lube. Bearings, ring and pinion, plus the gears inside the diff. In a plate type LSD. You have the bearings, ring and pinion, plus the plate slippage. One shears the lube, the other heats up the lube through friction. On the stock VLSD. Heat is it's enemy. Get them hot, and they fade.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote