View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlWakRa View Post
So my point is valid, I was under the impression that forced induction are more prone to that, a friend has a brz with turbo, he have multiple maps and methanol, when we tried the conservative one (around 260whp) the oil temps was good for two or more laps, but when we switched to the aggressive one (I think 290 or 300whp), it reached the same level of temps within one lap. This lead me to try and see in my car, I know many try to get best power and leave the tune on the edge (I am a culprit as well), which isn't harmful in street as you don't redline the engine too much, but at track, it is a different story.

Yup, in my case I shift earlier unless there is a turn coming or I am trying to have the hotlap of my life, let's say around 7200 my sweet spot (before the little drop in power felt between 7200-7500), and my limiter set at 7700 I think, but yeah the pressure drop will be more felt on high rpms.
Most engines make the most power right at the edge of knock. When I was racing bikes. We used to say lean is mean. How lean could you get it without melting a hole in the pistons.

My redline is set at 8,000. I normally shift at 7,500. The extra 500 rpms I use for those moments when it's best not to up shift and then down shift for the corner coming up.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote