View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 07:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlWakRa View Post
Engine oil you are using can affect temps, I had used multiple types, Mobil, Motul, Liqui Moly, Castrol, and oem nissan, mostly 0w40 or 5w40. While I cannot comment on oem, Moly was the worst, the temps rise quicker than others. Mobil wasn't too far. Best luck was with Castrol and Motul.

Also there is another thing in my mind, would fuel affect temps? like if the tune is aggressive for the used fuel, would it affect temps? Last trackday, which was the hottest and most humid day I participated in, I added boostane to my fuel and used the least aggressive map, my temps was climbing the same as when I use the same tune on cooler days, I know I needed to try more aggressive tune same day to confirm my assumption.
A lean mixture runs hotter than a rich mixture. Advanced timing will run hotter too.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote