Thread: My 2010 Sport
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 01:18 AM   #181 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnixalot View Post
How could I possibly goof a rear main seal I asked myself. Turns out my only goof was not checking the crank before installing the first seal.

So those 2 blobs of silicone left on the crank were pressing on the soft lip of the seal as the crank spun, just letting all the oil out.

My brother being the ******* MVP that he is came over after work to help me drop the transmission, inspect everything and reinstall it.

Thinking I might email AAM about it but I doubt I'll get anywhere.

Anyway that saga is over. I also solved the intercooler piping issue. I've got some stuff left to tighten under the car, the front end to install and the interior to clean up.

I may strike up the ambition to pull the fuel pump assembly again to see whats up with the level sender.
This is, honestly, an inspiration

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk