View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 04:01 PM   #6352 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
So the Lexus is all buttoned up now and driving well. But I noticed my wheel studs seem to be a little off as seen in the photo (LH front) - they are shifted to one side of the opening as though they were torqued by hard acceleration. I know the Lexus is a V6 but it's not that powerful lol. I managed to get the wheel back on without too much issue but I did have to start threading the lug nuts with the wheel at an angle to keep the lugs from binding. Everything tightened down smoothly and several test drives at various speeds do not indicate any problems. In hindsight I'm thinking I should have taken a dead blow hammer to the studs to see if they were at all loose, although I wasn't able to move them just with my hand.

Any thoughts? Concerns?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
It looks like the rotor might not be precisely right for the car. To my half-blind azz, it looks like the space to the one side of each stud is pretty much the same, which leads me to believe it might not be the right one for the car. It should fit without the extra space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sx moneypit View Post
The rotor fitment looks good to me.The rotors are always drilled a little bigger than the studs.You may not have had the wheel fully seated when you installed the lug nuts.
That's normal. Typical fitment of rotor to hub.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html