View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 04:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
No they do not. There are several 12+ 370Z's I've looked into their front bumper and only see a power steering cooler that sucks, not a oil cooler. My 2014 included. I bought my 14 thinking the same thing over a 2010 and looked in the bumper to see no oil cooler.
The so called oil cooler on the 12+ models is different from what you think you will see. It's an oil to coolant heat exchanger. Not an oil to air heat exchanger like the aftermarket ones like Z1, FI, etc. It has what looks like a sandwich plate at the oil filter, with 2 coolant hoses going to it. The coolant circulates through the sandwich to cool the oil. In the right conditions, it's a great set-up if you can hold the coolant at a constant temperature. In a car, it's kind of so-so because you can not hold a steady coolant temperature. Too many variables with engine load.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote