View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:05 AM   #2407 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Morning all, happy Friday! Quiet day in the office - OSHA training around 10. Leaving early to finish out from home, have a landscaper coming by to give me an estimate on a little issue we're having in the yard with drainage.

Turns out that the previous owners of my house and the previous owners of my neighbors house made an agreement to allow my neighbors sump pump to drain in the front corner of my yard, towards a culvert in the road. That worked out fine until my current neighbor replaced his sump pump, and the new one gets rid of a crapload more water - so now I've got a stream meandering through part of the yard. Most significantly since there is no stream bed, it's been flooding the front-right corner of the yard where everything is kind of low already.

Neighbor is cool though, so is working with me to get it resolved and willing to pay for it. I consider it a huge blessing that I didn't have a fight over it.
When the neighbor had their house built. They put in a french drain with a sump pump. The drain pipe was pointed at my house. The one year, we had a really wet spring. I couldn't figure out why the corner of my front yard was mushy. I was out there walking around when the pump kicked on. Then I could see the water flowing. I when and got the neighbor and showed him what was happening. He got out a shovel and started to dig and found the end of the pipe. Ended up redoing the drain pipe by making it longer and pointing it towards the street.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html