View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 05:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhan996 View Post
23, Auto Tech. If I don't understand some words it's only because I've been taught or learned to say it differently or I may have never heard of it such as a "Block off Plate". I'm not an A tech if you wanna know haha, nowhere near it, but yeah, like they're terms where I have no clue of wtf it is, until I see it and say "Oh ok its such and such". Nah I'm sayin? For example someone came up to me talking about his engine cradle is rusted out. I'm like wtf is that? He points and says, "that". I'm like " You mean a fu'cking subframe??" Hes like yeahhh same thing.. Like calling it an engine cradle will mean that entire piece is physically holding the engine nothing else but I can drop the SUBFRAME/ENGINE CRADLE and the motor will still be intact. You say "Rocker Cover" I say "Valve Cover" so that's where I'm getting at. Just not used to other terms of what I usually know.
Terminology can kill you real quick. Sometimes, it's like speaking a different language. For me. Going from steam turbine ( old school) to gas turbine (new school) . Two different words mean the same thing, the same piece of equipment. Best part, the damn pieces of equipment sit side by side. They tell you to work on piece X, but mean piece Y. You better check to make sure. If not. It could kill you.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote