View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 05:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhan996 View Post
Okay here goes a ear full of questions haha.

-What happens if I don't run a Thermostatic Sandwich Plate?

-If I do run a Thermostatic Plate, from my understanding the Oil Filter is on the Thermo Plate, and the Thermo Plate is connected to the STOCK Oil Cooler?

-How does the Z1 Cooler work? So during the Winter how does the Z1 Cooler shut down to get up to temp? Does the stock oil cooler do the job to get it up to temp and THEN the Z1 Cooler kicks back on?

-When the Z1 Cooler shuts down, do I still have oil in and out of my oil filter? Just asking because Ive seen a picture on Google with the Lines running out of the Thermo Plate, so if it shuts down, am I "filterless" until it kicks back on when up to temp?

-Also why would I need to change Oil Filter types? Why cant I use the OE Oil Filter? And if it has to be changed, which brand filter would you recommend?
Sorry for these nonsense questions lol, gotta knowwwww
Background. I have the Z1 34 row oil cooler. Been running it for years. My opinion. There is only 2 oil coolers to get. The Z1 or the FI 34 row coolers. Get a 34 row cooler. The smaller coolers will help, but may not be large enough sometimes. You can always add some block plates if the oil is too cold.

The stock oil filter will fit with the thermostatic plate. Which is a must, unless you are a totally track car. When closed. The plate is still open about 10%. This is to warm the oil in the cooler. The why to this is because you don't want cold oil flowing into a hot motor when the plate opens fully. This would cause some thermo shock to some engine parts.

Oil flow.

When cold. From the oil pump to the thermostatic plate. (About 10% of oil will flow to the cooler and back to the oil passages.) From the plate to the filter. Filter to the oil passages.

When hot. From oil pump to plate. From plate to cooler, Cooler to filter, Filter to oil passages.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote