View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

The tracks I run in AZ and CA during the spring and summer will see temps over a 100*. Being boosted only add heat so I have taken some extreme measures. I have a Greddy extended oil pan, upgraded the oil pump gears, added a 72 row oil cooler, switched from a Fugimura hood back to OEM with Trackspec hood vents, Zspeed under tray, and cut vents into the front bumper. My oil temps are dependent on the track configuration. If the track is less than 1.5 miles long it is very hard to have enough straight away to allow the oil temps to fall before rising again and I will hit temps about 260 to 265. Traffic on a small track is killer! My water temps stay in the normal range other than extended time behind cars on short tracks. I still don't see high water temps. The one of the best things about the hood vents is if you slow or pull in the pits the temps drop quickly. I have to remember to check my temps before I leave the track because they start falling on the cool down lap. Here is how she looked before my engine went boom. I will be adding side vents like Rusty and opening a large whole in the fender well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote