View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlWakRa View Post
Very interested, I faced this issue after like two hot laps with moderate weather 75-85F, both oil and coolant was higher than what usually is. I have hood vents and their effect is minimum, my finding was they allow the engine to cool down way faster during cool down lap.

What I am thinking about doing is to go to higher viscosity oil, using 0w40 currently, will go to 0w50. Also, I am planning to make dual oil cooler by adding another core to my current one, and maybe adding high capacity oil pan to get more oil in the engine.
Make sure that your not bleeding air off inside the bumper. You should have guides inside the bumper to direct air flow to the radiator. If you don't, the air will take the least line of resistance and bleed around the radiator and not go through it. The stock Nismo bumper have guides.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote