View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 AM   #6393 (permalink)
old guy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 magma touring
old guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Im in the same boat. The GF growing up poor (they had to get govt. rations just to survive winters), doesnt like to throw things away, she will donate to Goodwilll though. But I can look around as I sit, and see more than a handful of stuff we dont need..
She really hates to throw away food. She says its habit from growing up. If you didnt eat what little food you had, you starved...
I have to go through the refrigerator regularly to check on old stuff.
Well I can understand her point of view, I remember you said she came over from Russia where I remember back in the 70s the bread lines and empty store shelves, so yeah I get it !
Back in the 80s we owned a 900sq. ft. house no garage, & no money and I realized back then with a job, roof over our heads, refrigerator full of food, 2 cars we were still better off than 80% of the world ! This is really a consumer based economy and I've fallen for it ! Now it's so great to look at the Sunday paper ads and realize I DONT NEED ANYTHING