View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #5817 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Ok, So I think Im doing pretty much what youve described with a couple differences, but same concept:

I have a 6" 1/2" bolt going from front to back, followed by a couple washers, then a 4"x4" (or maybe 3.5 x 3.5) galvanized plate. Then bushing frame. On the other side of the frame is the bushing itself, then the metal plate from one of the front bushings, 3 washers and a nut.

I have a passthrough ratchet wrench holding the nut (and letting it rest on the car frame as Im tightening the bolt), and enough space underneath with the QJ so I can use an 18" breaker bar. But the torque im pulling on the bolt when Im tightening must be 50-60 ft/lbs, if not more. Pretty exhausting.
Sounds like the same set up as me.

A piece of pipe over the breaker bar will help you out.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote