View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 08:44 PM   #5706 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Looking back, getting the bushing out was easier than getting the new one in. I think I started it not perfectly centered and I'm at the point of no return.. I found a thick plaster from home depot I'm using to tighten a bolt against hasn't bent. I need a ratcheting breaker bar. Been attacking this bolt for half an hour and not even half way. I'm calling it a night and regroup and finish saturday.
I can remove the bushings in about 20 minutes.

To install the bushing. I use 1/2" all thread, about 10" long. Double nut the one end. 3 thick 1/2" washers on both ends. 2 pieces of 3/8" thick 4"x4" plate with a 1/2" hole in the center.

Put 3 washers on the double nut end of all thread, then 1 of the 4x4 squares. Put that though the hole and the bushing, from the rear. In the front. Now install the other 4x4 piece, then the 3 washers, and then the nut.

It should look like this. 1 nut, 3 washers, 4x4 plate, bushing, frame, 4x4 plate, 3 washers, double nut.

Put your wrench on the double nut, and another wrench on the front nut and start to tighten down. The wrench in the rear. You can leave it rest on the body when tightening. You don't have to hold it. The front nut. You may have to do what is called double wrenching. That's where you take one wrench and place the box end into the open end of the wrench the is on the nut. What you are doing is making the wrench longer for more torque.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote