View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 05:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Yeah ... the clutch and maintenance items are at least $4000 in parts and labor

Galley gasket should be done though, right? I mean 100K miles. If it fails on the track, the motor probably gets toasted.
It is a toss up in my opinion. If you haven't had any oil related issues with the motor you will probably be okay and if it goes boom then a good used motor is about $1500 to $1800. So maybe pick up a second motor and store it until that unfortunate day comes around or you get that big pay day and you want to add boost. That way you can keep running while your motor is being built. Keep it simple stupid if you're gonna stay NA. I would ask Eagle if he did oil pump gears. He beats the hell out his car on the track and also drives it on the street.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote