View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #1882 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
My old company when I was up in the Bay Area, went to Long Beach to work for 4 days. Stayed at the Hilton, room service every night. I think my total dinner tabs from the hotel was just under 400 dollars..lol
But my old company was like that. You never heard of people sharing a hotel room, or people sharing a rental car. We booked everything ourselves (or had the company travel person book where ever we wanted) 5 star hotels, mid sized rental cars were fine, (once when I had to go to Arizona for the company, I stayed at a resort) food wise - they said to expense food that you would normally eat at home.. Well, obviously I eat Lobster and Caviar every meal when Im home! They never questioned our expense reports (except for one dude who tried to expense condoms..)
When I worked for Elliott. Everything was cover. Long as I had a receipt for the expense. Hell, we all had our own receipt books for when we didn't get one. Write our own receipts.

One job I went on. The customer service rep sold a repair job on a steam turbine, compressor combo. He never went to the job site to see it. He went off of old plans for when we first built it. We get to the job site expecting this equipment is out in the open as the old plans say. Well........the company had built a little building for the equipment. It just covered it. It was so tight inside that you could barely walk around or climb over it without hitting you head. It was bad. I'm the foreman on the job. So I called the office and said that the roof has to come off for us to do the job. Manager said do what it takes to do the job. It's a parts and labor contract. Well............I rented a crane and crane operator, and put it on my company credit card. All $20,000 worth. So we took the roof off the building to do the job. Man............did I catch chit when I got back. We got the job done in time too.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote