View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #1691 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
This mental image made me laugh.

And yeah, my first backpacking trip was at age 8, dad brought myself and 2 of my brothers to the Davis Path in New Hampshire. I did that trail again a couple years ago - can't believe I did that at age 8! Go me! Definitely a lot of great moments. No exploding spaghetti O's though.

Few years back, some of my siblings took a trip with their friends. My brother Dan was kind of known for his fanatical weight lifting, so my sister Becky stuck a dumbbell in his backpack as a prank. Dan starts to put the pack on, realizes it's heavy and unbalanced, opens it and finds the weight.

Not realizing that it's a prank, his buddy Dave Buckler says "Wait, you're bringing that on the trail?!"

Without missing a beat, Dan responds that yes, how else is he going to keep lifting?

With a look of utter despair, Dave says "no wonder you Larsons are so fit, you're crazy! I'll never catch up with you!"
When I was in the Scouts. We had a black family of 3 boys (the Cables) join the troop. They knew NOTHING of the outdoors and the woods. Been city kids all their life. They was a riot to watch them doing stuff. We had the teach them everything. Well...........we went to scout camp for a week. Told all the kids no food and snacks in the tents because of the wild animals. First night, I'm laying in my cot with the flaps of the tent open. I could see all around our camp site. Just about to fall asleep...................then I smelled something...........OH...............NO........... .SKUNK! That smell got my attention right NOW!. I looked around the camp site. I spotted a whole family of skunks. About 6 of them. They went from tent to tent looking for food. They came into my tent. I didn't move, and they left. They hit the Cables tent next. I heard screams. One Cable was trying to run in his sleep bag through the campsite. The other 2 was frozen in the tent. And the smell was unbearable. All 3 of them had been sprayed. The scouts masters running around like clowns. They didn't know what to do. I just stayed in my sleeping bag in my tent and just watched the show. Poor Cables. They had to send them home in the morning because they smelled so bad. I really felt sorry for them. We all got yelled at in the morning about have food in the tents. In the Cables tent. It looked like a mini mart with the snacks in it.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html

Last edited by Rusty; 03-12-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote