View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #77 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
After reading this thread, I tried the "put the shifter in neutral" while driving, and your right Weatherman, the revs go up as in AK's video but they drop after a few seconds. So it's like SRM is concluding "OK, your not going to continue shifting into a lower gear, no need to keep the revs up" I tried it in 6th, going about 60~70MPH. Shift to neutral and RPM's go up to about 4K RPM, so perfect for a shift to 4th, but too high for a shift to 5th, which is kinda strange I think.
As long as the clutch is pressed in, SRM will try to blip the throttle when the shifter is moved around. The 3 "major" positions are 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6 of course. If you shift to neutral, clutch pressed in, and release the shifter to its dead-center position, SRM will automatically blip to the MINIMUM amount for the highest gear in that position. That'd be 4th gear. If you decide to go into 3rd, it will of course, blip higher. Same goes for 1/2....it will rev to 2nd gear as soon as you slide to the left, but if you go into 1st instead, it will go higher.

Purpose for this is because its not going to assume you want to rev to the LOWER gear automatically, more than likely to save gas Im sure. Its obviously fast enough to catch if you decide to go higher, and blip accordingly.

If you dont want SRM mucking with your RPM's when you move the shifter in the positions, just release your clutch...SRM stops blipping at that point.