View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

I drive cross country a lot with my motorhome. Mostly on Interstate 70 , 80 and 90/94. I tell you this. You can't drive a EV across the country. As there is NO charging stations within 200 miles of one another on the interstates. The charging stations are in the bigger cities and towns. You get out in the midwest. Have fun walking.

And I just read an article about EV's and the weather. This last cold spell killed the batteries in them. When the temps get down to zero. They lose their charge quickly. The mileage goes from 200 to less then 100. Depending on how cold it gets. When the temps dropped to -10F and less. Forget about driving. On the flip side. The batteries don't like temps over 100F either. Higher the temp, less mileage per charge. Part of the problem is in those two temps. The HVAC has to work harder to keep you happy. But at the same time drains the battery that much faster.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote