View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

I started to remove the rear bushings first. Be careful. The bushing are silicone filled and will make a mess.

1st pic.I used a 2" deep hole saw to cut out the center of the bushing. you can get the deep hole saw at Home Depot.

2nd pic. I used a 2.5" hole saw to remove the rubber in the inner shell.

3rd pic. I used muffler chisel on my air chisel to remove the shell.

After the shell was out. I used a flapper wheel in my die grinder to clean out and smooth out the inner bore. I made sure there was nothing that could hang the new bushing up.

When removing the front bushings. I had to use a sawzall and cut down the top of the metal part of the bushing in the center. It's too tall to let the 2" hole saw to cut through. And you can't use the 2.5" hole saw to remove the rubber inside the shell. It's too big.

The front bushings are installed from the top by the factory. Where the rear is installed from the bottom by the factory. This caught me off guard somewhat. I had to cut the flange off the top of the factory bushing so that I could drive it down. What you can do, is flip the sub-frame over and remove the shell that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2560.jpg (253.4 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2561.JPG (741.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2562.jpg (249.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2567.JPG (736.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2564.jpg (275.7 KB, 48 views)

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html

Last edited by Rusty; 02-15-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote