View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking SPL Rear Sub-Frame Bushings

OK. I finally got around to installing the SPL rear sub-frame bushings. It's not hard. Just time consuming. Figure on a 3 days. If you got skills. You could do this in 2. Any knuckle draggier with an IQ over 60 can do this.

If you are using a floor jack. Use a shop model. Mine is a 3 ton. Jack the Z up and put jack stands under the Z. Front and rear. Get the Z level on the stands. You want it up high enough so that you can work under the Z, laying on a creeper.

Before you start. Put your bushings in the freezer for a couple of days. Get them nice and cold.
Remove;
1. Rear tires,
2. Brake calipers, Hang the calipers with a zip-tie or something else.
3. Rotors,
4. E-brake shoes,
5. E-brake cable from the rear of the knuckle,
6. Remove the lower bolt on the shocks,
7. Exhaust pipes,
8. Disconnect the driveshaft,
9. Put floor jack under the spring bucket, and put some pressure on bucket.
10. Remove the bolt at the knuckle of the arm.
11. Lower jack and remove spring. Put arm back in place and reinstall the bolt, It doesn't have to be tight. Because you have to take it back back when reassembling with thing.
12. Do the other side now.
13. Remove the brace at the rear. It's V shaped, round bar. Nismo's have it. Don't know about other models. The center of the V is just behind the diff. And spreads out to the front.
14. Remove the front brace. It's some what V shaped. It's covers the driveshaft, and exhausts in the front. And it angles out towards the rear. The rear brace bolts to this at the sides.
15. The E-brakes cables have to be unbolted from the sub-frame and put out of the way.
16. Disconnect the speed sensors on the diff stub axles.
17. Place jack under the diff. Or use a transmission jack. I used my floor jack.
In the back, there is a brace that goes side to side. It's held in place by the 2 rear sub-frame nuts. Put pressure on the jack.
18. Remove the 2 nuts, and remove the brace. On the Nismo unit. It will have the dampener on it. Start the nuts back on a few threads.
19. In the front. There is a another brace on each side that is held in place by the nuts on the front mounting. Start on one side. Remove the mounting nut, and 2 bolts. Remove the little brace. Start the nut back on. Do other side.
20. Now it's time to drop the sub-frame. I did it myself. You can get someone to help you steady it when coming down.
21. Remove the 4 nuts that you removed earlier.
22. Slowly release the jack pressure. Let the sub-frame come down slowly. Stop if it looks like it's hanging up. If everything is ok. Continue to drop the sub-frame.
23. Once down. Side it out from under the Z.
24. Jack the sub-frame up, and put jack stands under it.
25. Now you are ready to start on removing the bushings.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html

Last edited by Rusty; 02-15-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote