View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:04 PM   #368 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

"We finished installing the Quaife differential first. Then we ran into the issue of attempting to pit the rear subframe on. One side would be flush while the other remained gapped for a mysterious reason. Only to find out that the gap was caused by the actual subframe being slightly bent (probably from a speed bump I went over causing the back to be scraped? Or maybe I bought the car like that, not sure!)
But he fixed the issue by bending it back through a funny method that worked lol. K so now the rear is done - exhaust, brace, and subframe all snug."

Let me get this straight. You dropped the sub-frame to change the LSD in the diff? Correct? The only time to drop the sub-frame is to change the bushings. You don't have to drop it to work on the diff.

So installing the sub-frame. You ran into a problem. I just got done installing the SPL sub-frame bushing in my Z. From what I went through. One of the studs caused the sub-frame to hang up. Bet the same thing happened to you. Your sub-frame wasn't bent. If it was. You have a major problem with the body being twisted, and you have a bunch of bent suspension pieces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2568.jpg (305.7 KB, 18 views)

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote