View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #917 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
How bad were the SPL subframe solid bushings to install? I am thinking about getting them done at MA while they have everything torn apart. Did you have any noise issues?
They're still sitting on the bench. I never got around last winter to install them. I'm going to be tackling these in about 2 weeks. With your neck. I would let MAM install them. I don't think there is anyway to install them without dropping the sub-frame. I'm going to make a cradle to fit my floor jack to make it easier to lower and lift the sub-frame in place. To drop the sub-frame. You have to; remove the tires, calipers, rotors, disconnect the e-brake cable at the e-brake shoes, exhaust pipes, drive shaft, frame bracing. Unplug the speed sensors at the diff. Remove the lower shock bolt. Then undo the 4 nuts that hold the sub-frame in place. Once the sub-frame is down. Use a deep holesaw to cut the center out. Then a sawzall to cut the shell. Just like a diff bushing. Remove the shell. Clean up the hole and use a ball joint press to install the new bushing. That's the way I'm going to do it.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote