View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #2235 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-AU View Post
A lot of people whinged about the clutch on the Z (before the Exedy upgrade, and they were singing the praises of the upgrade) but I test drove one without the Exedy and bought one with the Exedy and can't really tell any difference.

I would actually prefer a meatier clutch feel, the Exedy is pretty light for a sports car. Jumping back in my R34 GT-T and I'm reminded what a man's clutch SHOULD feel like. Much heavier and meatier.

The only thing that bugs me about the Z's transmission is the notchy 1st -> 2nd shift. I read a comment on here that said you either need to rev it to 4k in first and then it changes smoothly (it does) or be very gentle with the shift (which also works). Job done, if it is notchy now I know I'm not doing what the gearbox wants... and when it warms up it's smoother.
You want a man's clutch. Try a Hays Borg&Beck 3,800lb pressure plate. It will break the stock clutch linkage. Had one in my 440 Dart.

My 2nd to 1st down shift is notchy.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote