View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 03:36 PM   #9334 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
This is dangerously close to actually talking about Z cars, but Rusty/Spooler/Hotrodz etc, do any of you have advice on where I should start with reading up on suspension components? Right now this is probably the area of the Z which I understand least; and given that we've now had 2 posts recently (Cupcakez and Shadow) where users with FI managed to nearly kill themselves thanks to poor suspension setups/lack of ability, I figure before I go FI I'd better have this down

I've started reading through the appropriate section of the forum, but a lot of the good data seems to be buried. I figured you guys might have a couple good keywords to search.
Start with the SPL catalog. Hotchkis sway bar. Coilovers, depends on how much you want to spend. It could be from about $1,000 to over $5,000. Brakes, the 'bono's should be the minimum for a BBK. My way of thinking is that you should do the suspension, brakes, tires and everything else first before going FI. This way you are not playing catch-up with the new power.

The 2 people you mention. Pick one. The nut behind the wheel needs adjusted. Lack of ability, over zealous, overconfident, young, dumb, full of crap. Blaming their shorts comings on something else. The list goes on.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html