Thread: Braking bad...
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 12:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
If it were at the master cylinder (too much pressure to front), I'd think OP would notice the front-to-rear imbalance. Maybe not - depends on driving habits. Still doesn't explain the uneven wear - wouldn't both pads experience the same high pressure?

I don't understand enough about how an ABS module does its thing to say this with any confidence but it seems to me that it would affect only one side. Even it is affecting both sides, it's the same piping/hose going to inner and outer sides of a caliper and shouldn't cause uneven wear.

How about rotors that are offset a little so that it rides closer to one set of pads? I doubt OP is unlucky enough to get two bad rotors.

But I'm just thinking out loud. I'm inclined to go with poor braking habits but wouldn't bet any money on it at this point.

Edit: I'm not saying it can't be stuck calipers/pistons, just that it would be unlikely for both sides to have the same problem. Both are relatively easy to check, so checking would be on my todo list - just not at the top.

How can I say this and make sense. In the master cylinder. The porting is set up so that when you press on the pedal. The front brakes get pressure before the rear brakes. The front brake port opens first, then the rear port opens. If the piston doesn't come back all the way when you release the brakes. It will hold some pressure on the front brakes. This is what was happening on the old Chevettes. The brake rod from the pedal to the master cylinder should have a little play in it. Easy to check.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote